When Cass started Kindergarten she didn't have very good behavior. She would come home on yellow (card change in class because of bad behavior) just about every day then she started getting on orange (comes after yellow). After a couple of weeks i was getting very frustrated and did not know what to do with Cass ... I wanted her to stay on GREEN! I turned to my best friend Kelli who works within a school district for some help. She gave me a great idea: every day Cass came home on Green she got to put a noodle in a bowl and once it was all full she got to pick a BIG surprise. Cass decided she wanted to work towards riding a horse ... a REAL horse. So we started the noodle journey and she filled up the bowl by the end of the year ... she did great! Thank you Kel for such a great idea :) Now it is time for mom to keep her promise and let Cass ride a horse, which we did today!

A good friend of mine knows a lady that lives less than 5 minutes from me and she offered to let the girls come over and ride. I waited until the morning of to tell the girls where we were headed ... oh they were so excited. This is the girls before riding

Cass getting a lesson about horses

BIG smile! She is loving it!

Cass did really well.

now it is Sidney's turn ... she was so excited until she got on top of the horse. she didn't realize how high up she was going to be so it freaked her out a bit. see her death grip ... the girl would not relax. after about 5 minutes she wanted off.

sid asked if she can carry the rope while Cass rode the horse and Terri let her. Terri was amazing with the girls ... so patient! So sidney led Cass around the circle and i guess it helped her get more comfortable with the horse and she wanted to get back on and ride. this is such a cute pic of the girls with Arnold

so Cass and Sid switched ... Sid rode while Cass held onto the rope.
Sidney did great the second time on the horse ... she was so relaxed she was singing a song while riding.

love this pic of Cass ... she has the rope over her shoulder leading the horse.

Hudson watching with the dog or you could call it a horse too. this was a very big dog and soooo sweet. the dog and hudson were best friends by time we left.

Cass all by herself on the horse. Terri let go and let Cass hold the rope. There are a lot of little things to know when riding a horse ... i had no idea.

Now it is time to love Arnold (the horse) and brush him. He was so soft and sweet with the girls! Arnold loved Sidney's pig tales. He would constantly go after them. Looked like he was giving her kisses but we think he was trying to eat them. Not sure if Arnold thought they were hay or a horse tail. It was cute because Sid would just stand there laughing and let him get her hair.

The girls can't wait to go back again to ride Arnold!
3 comments:
So fun!!!! Great Job Cass for filling up your pasta bowl!!
I love the piggy tail picture with Arnold!
I haven't checked your blog in a while. I've missed some stuff!
I love the noodle idea! I'm going to have to remember that one. And good job to Cass for filling it up!
The horse pictures and story is awesome! I love it!!
I checked out the other stories and photo's too. The haircut, naked boy with the lawnmower, and Father's Day.
Now, I'm all caught up.
Great pictures!!
Love the idea and the pics - the girls have such long hair!!! They all look so pretty and Hud is just way to cute!!!!!
Post a Comment